Guide to How to Jump Start a Car
Can’t start your vehicle? You will most likely need to jump start your car battery. And even if your vehicle is running fine, learning how to jump start a car is still an essential skill to learn! This quick guide from Wolfchase Nissan offers instructions and tips on how to properly jump start a car. When your battery on your Nissan starts to die, visit our service center near Cordova for a replacement.
The Right Way to Jump Start a Car
Are you ready to learn how to jump start a car? You can either contact a jump start service like AAA or attempt a jump start yourself. If you go with the DIY option, you will need another vehicle and a set of jumper cables. Once you’ve got that settled, follow these steps:
- Park the car with the good battery park facing the vehicle that won’t start, then make sure that your vehicle is turned off. Check to make sure both parking brakes are engaged.
- Open the hoods of both vehicles and find the batteries. You may need to remove a plastic hood to expose the battery terminals.
- Locate the positive and negative terminals and make sure they’re clean and free of any corrosion.
- Place the red clamp to the positive post on the dead battery.
- Hook the other red clamp to the positive terminal of the battery with the charge.
- Connect the black clamp to the negative post on the good battery.
- For the final clamp, connect it to an unpainted metal surface on the car’s frame.
- Once everything is securely fastened, start the engine of the vehicle with the good battery first, then the one with the dead battery.
You’ve done it! You’ve learned how to jump start a car with help from our team at Wolfchase Nissan. If you’re having issues learning how to jump start a car, be sure to give us a call at 800-721-9255 for some live assistance.
Additional Battery Tips and Tricks
In the vent your car won’t start, you may need your battery replaced or experiencing a more serious issue. Take these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- If you only hear a clicking sound when you attempt to start your vehicle, the starter might not be functioning. Schedule service at Wolfchase Nissan near Memphis for a replacement.
- If the engine fails to turn over, but the electrical systems of the car turn on then the problem could be a variety of issues. The ignition switch, battery, starter, or a fuse could be the problem. It’s worth bringing your vehicle to a service center so they can diagnose the issue.
- Make sure to keep your vehicle running for a while after getting the jump to allow the battery to fully recharged.
Get Service for Your Nissan at Wolfchase Nissan
Whether you need help with a new battery, learning the color of transmission fluid, how to check brake fluid, need new tires, or you want to know why your vehicle is leaking water, the service center at Wolfchase Nissan can help. Our service center is located just a short trip from Germantown, so stop by today. Contact our Nissan service center today if you have questions about when to replace spark plugs, why OEM parts are better, when you need to replace your battery, how to make your tires last longer, or even where to find the best Memphis BBQ.
More From Wolfchase Nissan
The Nissan Rogue has remained a popular pick in the Arlington and Memphis area for its versatile performance, stylish looks, and well-appointed cabin – and the latest model just might be the best one yet. The 2020 Nissan Rogue reviews rave about the sporty handling and premium features on this compact SUV, and customers around…
The Nissan Altima has gained rave reviews for its performance, technology, and style – but is it efficient? Arlington and Memphis drivers will be blown away by the 2020 Nissan Altima MPG. Not only can you enjoy smart engineering like turbocharged engines and Intelligent All-Wheel Drive, but you can also experience fuel economy figures up…
Have you been looking for a new crossover or SUV, but aren’t sure exactly how you can take home all the capability you truly need? Nissan Rogue AWD provides increased traction and handling in rough or low-traction conditions, making it a top priority for many crossover and SUV shoppers. The Nissan Rogue is available with…