Can You Lease a Used Car?
Typically, you see leasing options with new cars, but some dealerships do offer used car leasing. Vehicles available for lease are usually part of a certified pre-owned program. If you have questions about leasing a particular vehicle, it’s always a good idea to contact the finance team at a dealership.
Understanding Used Car Leasing
If you’re looking for low monthly payments and the freedom a lease provides, then leasing a used car may be a good option for you. Here are some key things to know about used car leasing:
- Which Used Cars Can Be Leased? – Most used car leases are offered only on certified pre-owned vehicles. Used lease prices may not be advertised, so it’s a good idea to ask us either through email or while in or showroom to see if it’s a possibility.
- Used vs. New Car Lease – Used car lease payments typically cost less than new car lease payments, but offer many of the same benefits. That being said, you’ll still need to return the vehicle after the lease term is up, and you’ll still need to stay below the mileage limits.
- Can I Buy a Used Car After I Lease? – If a dealership offers used car leases, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to purchase the car after the lease is up if you’d rather not trade it in. That gives you a lower residual value than performing a lease buyout on a newer model.
- Insurance for a Leased Used Car – The value of the vehicle partially dictates insurance costs, so it’s possible that you could pay less per month for insurance with a CPO lease.
- Maintaining Your Used Vehicle – While maintenance costs can be higher on a used car, used car leasing often includes extended warranty coverage that covers many important components.
Find Out More About Leasing at Wolfchase Nissan
We offer a variety of lease deals and incentives in Bartlett on Nissan. If you want to learn more about used car leasing, or leasing in general, contact us online or visit our showroom, not far from Cordova, to speak to a member of our finance team.
More From Wolfchase Nissan
When Arlington shoppers head to Wolfchase Nissan to find a spacious SUV for their growing family, one of the most commonly asked questions we get about the Nissan Pathfinder is “How many seats does it offer?” The 2019 Nissan Pathfinder seating capacity features three spacious rows to transport up to seven passengers. You’ll also get up…
Considering the 2019 Nissan Rogue as your next crossover SUV for Arlington drives? Local drivers can’t get enough of this fuel-efficient model with its spacious interior, and critics agree! You’ll have five trim levels to choose from starting at various price points, with the entry-level Rogue S coming in at $25,020 MSRP*. Explore the new…
The reviews are in! Everyday Arlington drivers and critics alike have weighed in on the 2019 Nissan Altima, and they’ve sung plenty of praise to this affordable, fuel-efficient sedan. Expert reviews highlight the performance, sporty design, and available all-wheel drive offered by the new Altima. Will you agree with what they have to say? Read…